I’ve found that quotes always pick me up even the tiniest little bit, and I find myself searching for more on Pinterest on the cloudy days. Below, I’ve listed my favourite go-to quotes. These vary from lots of different areas such as self esteem, mental health, grief, confidence etc.
1. ‘You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.’
– I LOVE this one. Remember that you have power over your actions and reactions, as tough as it is not to react how you’d like sometimes.
2.’It’s okay to be different’
– Always. Embrace your quirks and the things that make you, you.
3. ‘My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.’
– When your actions come from good intentions, you’ll have nothing to feel embarrassed or ashamed of.
4. ‘Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you learn it’
– Learning to forgive yourself does you the world of good, I promise.
5. ‘Feelings are just visitors, let them come and go’
– Imagine you are at a train station and your thoughts and feelings are trains that pass by. You are in control of what train you get on.
6.’ Perhaps they are not stars in the sky but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy’
– What a beautiful way to remember our lost loved ones <3.
7. ‘The universe can be cruel when it needs to be. It always explains later though, when enough time has passed and you’re ready to hear it.’
– Whatever you’re going through right now, it is happening for a reason and you WILL grow from it.
8. ‘One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.’
– Easier said than done I know, but give it a try.
9. ‘Every situation in life is temporary. So when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.’
– Nothing is permanent, the hard days shall pass, no matter how unbearable they may feel right now.
10. ‘Your speed doesn’t matter, forward is forward.’
– No matter how frustratingly slow your process may feel, you are getting there, bit by bit.
11. ‘Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.’
12. ‘Focus on where you want to go, not where you currently are.’
– If you’re currently unhappy in your job or school, remember you don’t have to be there forever. Focus on your destination!
13. ‘Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.’
14. ‘Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.’
– My new motto in life (especially as I am a highly sensitive being..).
15. ‘I hope you know you’re capable and brave and significant, even when it feels like you’re not.’
– You really are, love yourself for who you are. Embrace it with open arms and lots of loving.
16. ‘Being positive doesn’t mean you live in candyland. Positive people have real problems. They get angry. They challenge people and fight hard for what they believe in. Positivity is not about wearing rose-coloured glasses and rolling over when the going gets tough. It’s about being strong. It’s about being self-aware and accountable for your emotional state.’
No matter how tough life feels at times, you’re never on your own. Reach out to those around you or to charities such as Samaritans or Mind.
Ciao for now.