So, I’m sorry if you’re sick of me talking about my dog but he was basically my soul mate and I feel a little lost without him so I’m going to write about him (again). Sadly, it was time for him to leave us yesterday to go someplace else and make those beings as happy as he made us.
My three-legged lab sure taught me a lot. I think we could all use some life lessons from dogs, especially labradors, and ESPECIALLY 3 legged ones..
1. If someone’s crying and you don’t know what to do, that’s okay. Just let them hug you, or let them cry or just simply sit with them.
-Pan wasn’t much of a fan of emotional Gwen but he’d let me cwtch him whenever I was sad so!
2. Be kind to everyone you meet.
– Obviously you don’t have to go to extreme lengths of sniffing every person you walk past in the street, but you get the point.
3. Rich tea biscuits are good for the soul. They are a must.
– Bad day? Eat some McVitities Rich Tea biscuits.
4. Nap often.
– Sometimes you just need to nap it out on the sofa, with some telly on and a big warm blanket.
5. Walks help clear the mind and tire you out for a good night’s sleep.
– Whether it’s a walk around the block, or a walk around your favourite park, they help massively. This is also a good time to relax.
6. Give love. Lots and lots of love.
– Give lots of love and give it often. To people on the street and to those around you, give love.
7. People will mess up, but we can forgive and forget and move on (if appropriate of course).
– No matter how many times I messed up, my lab was always there at the end of the day waiting for me. Some people mess up and it’s unforgivable, but everyone messes up to some degree, so in situations like these, think like a dog and forgive.
8. Get excited about life.
– Whether it’s getting to eat your favourite food or go to your favourite place, get ridiculously excited about it. Psyche yourself up. Jump up and down. Life is short so we may as well get excited over the good stuff, no matter how small or insignificant we feel they are.
9. Cuddles make everything better.
– Need I say more? Cwtches solve all problems, I swear. Almost anyway.
10. Try and find a positive in every negative.
– A simple example of this is that, when Pan got his left leg amputated, he no longer needed to cock his leg up to go to the toilet. He could stand against a lamp post with no effort at all. Moral of the story, no matter how difficult, always TRY to see the good in every bad situation, for the sake of yourself.
Sorry if this post is hard to take seriously. Take it however you want, if it makes you laugh, laugh, if it doesn’t, don’t! Anyhow, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading 10 points of babble!!
Ciao for now x